Monday, May 17, 2010

Making Modest Swimming Suits



I have been looking for a swimming suit that covers my body but is not one piece. When I put on one pieces my hips are wider than my upper body and it just pull the swimming suit all weird. So I went shopping to find a tankini, but they all showed my love handles. I walked by Motherhood and (no I am not pregnant) but I thought that they might have some long enough. Most of their swimming suits were wider but this one was tighter fitting but it showed my chest. It was the best that I could find in my price range and I thought I could get fabric to cover the hole. Went to get fabric and it was 13.99 a yard. I decided to go to DI (a second hand store) to see if they had any old swimming suits. In the little girl's section I found the pink swimming suit. It was prefect too because it was all ready hemmed so it look nice and neat. I used the back of the little girls swimming suit and cut to the size I needed and tack it in three spots. I think it turned out pretty good.

2 comments:

  1. So I click on your blog, and I'm scrolling down and see how to make a modest swim suit. Scroll down more and see a Victoria Swimsuit ad. Love it, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails